Qualifications & Credentials
This page provides concise information and links on what every ECE professional needs to know about qualifications and credentials in the Early Childhood field. Though Qualifications vary by employer and position, minimum education and experience requirements for roles in Early Care and Education Centers are defined by Colorado Department of Human Services-Division of Child Care in the “Rules Regulating Child Care Centers.”
Additional Qualifications, Credentials Accreditation information:
- The new Early Childhood Teacher (group leader) chart (word document)
- Director chart (word document)
- Information on obtaining recognition for being Director Qualified
- Information about Colorado’s Early Childhood Credentialing System
- Child Development Associate Credential
- 2010 Accreditation Facilitation Project for Family Child Care Providers (word document)
- For information on accreditation see our page of agencies.
In addition to Early Childhood Education Qualifications as defined by Colorado DHS and Credentials awarded through credentialing systems, many colleges in Colorado offer Certificate programs, Associate Degrees and/or Bachelor degrees emphasizing Early Childhood Education. Contact colleges of interest to you for more information.
For information about Pikes Peak Community College’s Early Childhood Education Department, see: http://www.ppcc.edu/career/early-childhood-education. Make sure to also visit our scholarship page for great opportunities!