Alliance for Kids Office of Professional Development
Alliance for Kids Office of Professional Development (AOPD) is offering scholarship funds to Child Care Professionals. AOPD provides scholarships at $70 per credit hour for tuition and fees as well as up to $100 per class for textbooks. In addition to financial assistance for Early Childhood Education college classes, our supportive program offers assistance with applying to college, applying for financial aid, referrals to resources and mentoring to be a successful college student and a quality child care professional.
Below is the link to an information matrix and a nine page scholarship application. Before applying, read this entire packet to ensure you understand the benefits and responsibilities of this scholarship.
AOPD’s first priority is to help Child Care Professionals to meet the State’s new Group Leader Qualification requirements for 2010. Our second priority is to assist in obtaining Director Qualifications through Colorado Department of Human Services. And our third priority is to help in obtaining Early Childhood Education Associates Degrees.
The scholarship applicant must:
- Work in El Paso County.
- Be employed for a minimum of 32 hours per week (or full-time as defined by that program) in a licensed child care program.
- Provide evidence that income does not exceed $15/hour for center teachers, aides, and assistants or $20/hour for center directors.
- Have a minimum of one year of experience working in Early Childhood Education.
- Meet the residency requirements for the State of Colorado or if military, those for dependents as defined by the Department of Defense (DOD).
- For more information, please contact:
Jade Suter, AOPD Coordinator
For another scholarship opportunity, see: http://www.qualistar.org/teach-scholarships.html