The Alliance for Kids is currently accepting applications from Early Care and Education Programs to participate in the 2013 Pyramid Model Project.
The Pyramid Model “evidence based curriculum” Project promotes social emotional development in all young children in early care and education settings while recognizing the need for more intensive interventions when children have significant social emotional needs and challenging behaviors. The model also stresses the importance of working with families and building staff/community teams to assist with supporting children’s social emotional development. Following are documents pertaining to applying for the program:
- Pyramid Model Project Overview
- Pyramid Letter to Center Directors
- 2011 Site Application
- Individual Scholarship Application
Completed Site and Individual Applications must be submitted to the Alliance for Kids by May, 2013.
The 2011 Alliance for Kids Pyramid Model Project includes:
· ECE 237 Pyramid Model Course (3 Credit Class offered through Pikes Peak Community College)
· Individualized on-site coaching for participating sites and staff
· Pyramid Model Curriculum/Training Materials
· Pre/Post Classroom Assessments utilizing the Teaching Pyramid Observation Tool
· Educational items to support site implementation
Applying Centers must:
· Be licensed by the Colorado Department of Human Services
· Have the commitment of the Center Director/Assistant Director and approximately 50% of Center staff to participate in the Project.
· Complete Site and Individual Applications and submit to the Alliance for Kids by Friday, January 7, 2011
Applying Center Staff must:
· Be willing to apply to be a student at Pikes Peak Community College (PPCC)
· Meet the Colorado residency requirements for PPCC
· Apply for Colorado Opportunity Fund (COF) stipend
· Commit to taking the 3 Credit PPCC Pyramid Model Course and participate in associated coaching
Project Funding and Costs*:
· The Alliance for Kids Pyramid Model Project receives funding through the Colorado Department of Education, the Buell Foundation, and the El Paso County Department of Human Services. Through these funding sources, the Alliance for Kids financially supports the 2011 Pyramid Model Project at an approximate rate of $550 per participant.
· The cost per participating site is $100 and is due to the Alliance for Kids by February 8, 2011.
· The cost per participant is estimated at $115 (after AOPD Scholarship and COF stipend) and is due to Pikes Peak Community College by February 8, 2011.